Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Tartan

In the spirit of the Holidays, lets talk about a wardrobe trend that's totally happening lately: Tartan. You're probably wondering what the heck it is. Let me enlighten you. 


Tartan

It's a European looking plaid and it's literally everywhere lately! I think it's totally becoming a thing! 



As you can see, even two of my favorites, Princess Kate and Rhianna are rocking it! It doesn't necessarily have to be red, but since that's my favorite color and its almost Christmas (!!!) let's look at a few of my favorite red versions! 

Back in February during Fall 2012 Fashion week, Michael Kors sent a show down the runway that had a warm and cozy fall feel and... you guessed it, lots of Tartan!

Michael Kors Fall 2012  Plaid and leather.  

Fabulous right?! It makes me want to grab some hot chocolate and head to the ski resort! Anyways, I've been thinking about ways I (we!) could rock this trend and I got so excited because there are so many ways! Here are my 3 favorite! 

1. Scarves are the obvious option. I have seen so many red tartan ones around New York (they're a classic y'all), it's not even funny. And now that they're in, it's the perfect time to snatch one up! Mix it with something funky like leopard print or stripes! Print mixing is totally a thing too ya know! ;)

2. A skirt with a cozy sweater is another option. Michael Kors had tons of those. Just make sure it's not pleated so you don't end up looking like you're wearing a kilt! I like a pencil skirt balanced out with some tights and tough looking ankle booties instead of pumps.

3. Plaid flannel shirts have been a go to for a while now and finding one in this totally of the moment print is another great option that I highly recommend! Pair it with leggings or skiny jeans and some knee high boots and you're set! 

Like I said, there's lots of ways to incorporate this trend into your wardrobe so be creative and try something new! I saw a messenger bag with this print the other day that was adorable and perfect for spicing up a drab winter outfit! :) 

What do you think? Will you be incorporating this trend into your wardrobe? What ideas do you have for wearing it?

xo

Victoria

 

No comments:

Post a Comment