Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

What if?

You know what I'm really bad at? Gracefully accepting a compliment. And I don't just mean a compliment from a stranger, like even compliments from my husband. He pointed it out to me too. So it kinda got me thinking. And I've been thinking about it the last few days. Kind of wrestling with it and trying to see if I was the only one who did this. You know what I figured out? I'm not the only one. And the weird thing is that almost every day, I see a beautiful girl or woman do the same thing! 

And I also noticed that us girls are so good at pointing out our flaws. Frizzy hair and imperfect skin...what? but we are rarely willing to discuss what we love about ourselves. I work with women all day. It's my job to talk about skincare and makeup routines and the latest lip colors with women all day long. And the funny thing about it is, that it seems like there are some beauty topics that some women don't feel comfortable contributing to for one reason or another. But the one topic that it seems like every woman has something to contribute to is a conversation about what we all don't like about ourselves. 

But what if we all stopped talking about what we don't like about ourselves? What if we started to gracefully accept compliments with a smile? What if we complimented each other a little more? And what if we started figuring out and having conversations about what we do like about ourselves? How would things change? 

Love yourself!

I think a lot of things would change. No seriously! For one, I think we'd get a few more compliments from our men. No more arguing every time they compliment us would probably feel like a nice break for them. We'd definitely smile a lot more throughout our days. And maybe, just maybe we would all get to a point where we wouldn't even consider our flaws and become fully aware of how beautiful we all really are.

xo

Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment