Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A love that carries me

When I was a little girl, I learned about Jesus. My parents taught me about Him from a young age and how if I asked Him to, He would live in my heart. Since then, I've always had this image of a cartoon Jesus tucked away in my heart. Sort of like a toy in my pocket. Kinda funny right? Well I guess it's sort of a nice sentiment to imagine that The Lord just hangs out with us, waiting till we need Him, and that's how I always thought of it. My whole life!

Y'all it's so different though. Last night I had a dream. In the dream I was walking. On beaches, through trees, and through all sorts of places. After a while of walking, I said, "Jesus sometimes I forget to carry you with me and I don't want to be that way." And just as clear as day, Jesus said I didn't have to! He said not to worry because the whole point was for Him to carry ME.

Wow.

This dream has been on my mind all morning and I've been praying about it, trying to understand. I know we've all heard the "footprints" poem about The Lord carrying the guy through the tough times. I think it's more than that though, I think what The Lord wants us to know is that he wants His love to carry us into and through the good times too. Because being a follower of Christ requires a complete surrender, a complete change of heart, and most importantly, a complete relinquish of control. When you finally allow The Lord to carry you, things like the direction of your life and where you are going, become out of your control and there's no longer a need to figure them out. And even smaller worries like how your day will go, vanish.

I would just like to challenge you today to just allow The Lord to begin to carry you, not just through the bad times, but through the good times too. I think you will be surprised at how much His love will envelop you if you let it. Because let's face it. That's all he really wants anyways.. To love you.

xo

Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment