Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

Five things on a Friday


So pretty much every Friday I have this nerdy Friday song that I sing (don't worry, I don't actually sing a real music note) and a corresponding dance I do (oh you're right, it's not cute at all) because let's be honest, Fridays are the BEST y'all! Aside from the fact that they are the start of the weekend, I feel like the human population as a whole is in a better mood, which makes life fun. Also, you girls probably count down the minutes till you get (hopefully!) a post from me about some of my favorite things for the week! Let's jump right in! 

1. Simply Smooth Hair Treatment- A friend of mine gave me this after she purchased it at a salon and noticed that one of the main ingredients was wheat protein. She has a severe gluten allergy that's nothin to mess with. I totally would have paid her for it, but she wouldn't let me. So aside from the fact that this stuff was free, I'm totally loving it!! You just spritz it on after you wash your hair, and it helps detangle, smooth, and I think it just adds some great overall shine! I love it. And I'm always tryin a new hair product so it's usually pretty hard to convince me! 

2. Henri Bendel bracelet- Ok so this is something very near and dear to my heart. I don't really do souvenirs so on our trip to NYC last year, I picked up this bracelet as my own sort of memento of the trip. It's from Henri Bendel on 5th Avenue, which is a fabulous store and if you haven't heard of it, check out the website. It was definitely more than I would usually spend on something like this, but hey it was NYC and the husband approved! I absolutely adore it and wear it with practically everything. It's the perfect bit of over the top sparkle that I think basically every outfit needs. More is more girls!

3. Chip Skip by OPI- As you all know, I'm obsessed with a fan of doing my nails. The only thing I hate though, is nails that chip after like a day or two! It's the worst! All that hard work and sitting around waiting for them to dry just goes down the tubes! Anyways, this stuff by OPI has totally been a lifesaver! Its basically a base coat before your base coat. And it dries out your nail bed from any excess oil or moisture. This helps the nail polish to adhere better to your nail. It's pretty stinky but I swear it works. This, along with my beloved base coat and a few other tricks I've learned (don't worry, I'll share those later!) has been getting me an average of 6-7 days per polish! It's great! 

4. Chance Eau Frache by Chanel- Chanel makes the best perfume. I know smell is super personal and really varies from person to person so if you go to the mall and smell this one this weekend and hate it, it won't hurt my feelings. But also, please don't tell me because this is my very favorite perfume and it's the one I wore when I met and married (2 of the best days ever!) the man of my dreams. So besides the sentimental value this perfume has to me, I just adore it because I think it smells amazing! It's pricey so I only save it for special occasions but it's the best y'all and I just couldn't get through another 5 things post and not make mention of it. side note: yes, my bottle is almost empty so if you so happen to know my husband, please tell him I'd like some more for my birthday in August! 

5. Denim vest by xhiliration- Yes I did it. I went and bought something so 90s it's fabulous. Guess where I got it?! Target! I know, my shopping there really is becoming a problem. Anyways, I totally love this vest y'all! It's so 90s and bohemian and maybe even a bit edgy all at the same time. I fully plan on living in it all summer and throwing it over any old dress I can! I'm thinking it will be a nice update to that denim shirt I've been wearing the heck out of all season! I know some of you may be skeptical and maybe even a little traumatized by the ones from the 90s that everyone wore with those awful sunflower dresses and hats, but trust me y'all, this vest is so not that! And just to prove it to you, I'll leave you with a picture of me wearing it and two of my dearest friends who are some of my favorite people in the world! 


Have a fabulous weekend y'all! 

xo

Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment