Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

5 things on a Friday

Happy Friday y'all!

1. My brother-in-law's younger brother is currently in the hospital, intensive care to be exact, for an infection in his heart. He isn't doing great and could really use some prayer so if you get the chance, please send some his way! He is only 13. I know The Lord is still a healer so I am standing on His word that Diego will be healed!! I also believe there is power in agreement when it comes to prayer so it'd be awesome to have some fellow prayer warriors standing in the gap for him on this.

2. Elizabeth Arden is coming out with a BB cream in the spring!! I can't wait! Practically every other cosmetics brand has one (they're the latest craze y'all!) but I'm so excited for my company to release one! Incase you don't know what a BB cream is, let me explain! :) BB stands for Beauty Balm. Basically it moisturizes, evens skin tone, helps with blemishes, protects from the sun, and contains some color that provides a nice sheer coverage! Think tinted moisturizer on steroids! Exciting!

3. My husband and I have date night coming up tomorrow! We will probably do dinner and maybe a movie! My main love language (the way I feel most loved) is quality time so I love the fact that even though we are happily married, he still makes time to date me. It really makes me feel extra special. God is so good for blessing me with such a sweet man.

4. So a quick little tidbit I learned at work is that the best way to combat a winter dry face is to layer moisturizers. Let me explain: I usually use a clean and clear acne moisturizer that's pretty light and sometimes a little drying because of the acne medicine it has in it. This is perfectly fine for a humid summer or spring. But in the dead of winter, when I'm constantly going from hot shower to heated house to extra cold outdoors, it's not enough. So I've been layering an Elizabeth Arden visibly different moisturizer for combination skin over it and wow does my skin feel better! Believe it or not, if you're seeing acne during this time of year, it's likely that you're getting it due to dry skin. No joke! Anyways, don't be afraid to add one more step and hydrate that skin! Your makeup will thank you! ;)

5. I just have to shout out to my fabulous in laws for all of the delicious Italian food they cook and freeze for us to take home each time we visit their neck of the woods! We had some Pasta Fagioli for dinner tonight that was outta this world. Gah it was amazing!!

Well beauties, that's enough randomness for now! I hope you all have a fabulous weekend! I'll be at the counter so stop by if you can!!

xo
Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment