Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

All things new

Happy 2013 y'all! I hope you all had a fabulous time this Christmas and New Years with your families. I had a wonderful time with my husband! He was so good to me! He let me bake all the cookies my house heart could handle, spoiled me rotten (Michael Kors and Marc Jacobs both made appearances under my tree! squee!), drank too much wine and spiked eggnog with me, and even listened to me obsess over what the appropriate amount of sparkle on my nails really meant! It was a great first married Holiday season for us. 

Now that the new year has begun, though I have been thinking quite a bit about whether or not I will be making a new years resolution. I mean, there really is something so inspiring and so exciting about a fresh start isn't there? Last year, my resolution was to stop drinking soda and I did it! I went from 3 Dr. Peppers a day to 0. It was tough but I stuck with it and as a result, lost 2 jean sizes! Once that happened, it was an easy resolution to keep! 

This year though, I wanted to do something a little different because the Lord has been showing me something pretty interesting. The Lord is a fan of new beginnings I think. I mean, if you really think about it, He says things to us like, 
Yeah you sin. and you've done some pretty awful stuff, but no worries, I died so you didn't have to pay for it. Just believe in me and we can start over. 
Or He says, 
You're my child, and despite everything you do daily, when I look at you I see my promises to you and not your mistakes.
Or one of my favorites, 
Today was rough, and yeah you probably shouldn't have said those things. But rest your head with me tonight and we can start over tomorrow because my mercies are new every morning. 
He is so amazing isn't He?!

So I've been thinking about how a new year, a new month, a new week, or even a new day can mean a new beginning. And more than anything I am just thankful for the chance for a fresh start, whether it's this month, for 2013, or just the chance to wake up each day to a God who loves me. I'm thankful that He looks at me and calls me HisSo for 2013 I'm not really going to commit to increase my workout days or eat more vegetables, or anything like that. For 2013 I am going to do my best to wake up each day and treat it like the fresh start that it is. 

What about you? Do you have any New Year's resolutions?

xo

Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment