Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Winter Wonderful

I know, I know, it sounds crazy to say the words winter and wonderful in the same sentence doesn't it?! But give me a second here, I'm trying! As you all know, I am most certainly a Texas girl (to the bone!) that is currently calling Northern New York her home. These two places could not be more different! Snow in April anyone?! Anyways, I have come to very much adore my home. No really! It's quite charming... adorable in the summer and serene (and snow covered!) in the winter! As you can probably guess, learning to dress for the winter has been quite the challenge! But I'm learning y'all and having so much fun! 

"I refuse to look frumpy because it's cold!" 

That's honestly been my mantra here. So in the spirit of all things fabulous, let's talk about some ways you can jazz up your winter outfits and add a bit of Winter Wonderful to your life! 

(Note: please excuse the quality of these photos. I wanted to use my own images but photography isn't my forte!)

1. Invest in a good pair of boots. This does not mean they have to be $400 Frye boots (Although I wish mine were), but get yourself a good pair! And for goodness sake, we are not in 2004 and you are not 12 so please don't even look at those Uggs! A good pair of boots can elevate an outfit, take you from day to night, or add an edge to your "girl next door" dress. You'll want a flat boot if you live in a snowy area and if you add a little waterproofing treatment to the leather, you're set! 
These are Steve Madden and I adore them. They go with everything. Also, if you have a caramel color (like these), try mixing them with a black outfit! So chic! 

2. Accessorize with color. I know you usually think of a bold bag as something you only do in the summer but do yourself a favor and try one this winter. I promise it will be totally refreshing to see some color with all that black I know you're wearing! ;)
This one is the gorgeous Michael Kors that my husband gave me for Christmas (and this picture was taken right after I opened it, which explains my goofy grin!). I adore the fact that it's red! It just makes me smile when I throw it over my shoulder in my black parka! 

3. Last but not least, grab yourself some colored jeans and wear the heck out of them! Seriously, colored pants are so of the moment right now and winter is the perfect time to take advantage. They're a great twist on that standard jeans and a sweater uniform I know we are all wearing lately! Also, pair them with not only neutral tops but complimentary colored ones too! Yes girls, get those color wheels out and have fun!! 

These are some oxblood jeggings I picked up at H&M for about $10. They're the perfect compliment to that denim button up I can't get enough of and as you can see here, a nice pop of color against my black parka and black snow boots! (side note: this was the first time seeing this crazy amount of snow fall at once so that's why I'm freaking out in this picture!)

We've got a couple more months of winter left, so I hope you'll use these little tips to help you add some wonderful to your winter! Do you have any others? I'd love to hear them! 

Stay warm! 

xo

Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment