Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Oxblood

That's the name of the color that is "the new black" this fall. Can we all just agree that those people who pick names for these sorts of things could have picked a better name for this color? I mean isn't it supposed to appeal to women?! Anyways, take a peek! 


Photo via Google

Pretty fab isn't it?! I mean its not like I've never seen this color before but I love how refreshingly different it is for this year. It's totally a thing this season and I really think it actually works for all skin tones. (side note: I'm obsessed with a fan of all things Will and Kate so I love that she's rocking this color too!) 

So I've been trying to come up with little ways to incorporate this color into my wardrobe without totally splurging (a girl's gotta save money!). I mean a top in this color is a no brainer, but sometimes it's a little more fun to add a color to your outfit in a more unexpected way like a scarf or some shoes or even a bag! If that's even too much for you, maybe just look for tops or dresses that have a print with this color. 

I love this little palate below because it gives you kind of a starting place for what you can pair this color with. Don't be afraid to try really opposite colors with it like the Cornflower or navy. I personally think animal print goes really well with just about anything so it totally makes sense that it's at the top of the list. ;)



Photo via Google

So let's chat! Are you planning on incorporating this color into your wardrobe for fall? If so, how? 

Have a fabulous week!! 

xo

Victoria

1 comment:

  1. Hi Victoria,

    I LOVE this color... especially with the navy and ivory. I bet it would look gorgeous with a kelly green, as well. Personally, this a color I can wear, so I'd go with a top or a great scarf.. and keep the color up near my face. I bet on the long and lean, those leather like pants would be great in this color. I know the color name sounds a little gross, but it actually is one of the best color description words I've heard in a long time. I am sure this is exactly the color of oxblood. But hey, blood is red or a shade thereof ... and blood is life! So start wearing your Oxblood, girlfriends!

    ReplyDelete