Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

What I Wore

I promised y'all we'd have an outfit post coming didn't I? A proper southern belle never goes back on a promise! 

So when we went to NYC/ Long Island, we basically had one day in the city. We spent the rest of our time in Long Island. Since it was my first trip to the City, I knew it'd be a long and crazy day, with no time for wardrobe changes (gasp!) so whatever I was wearing had to work for daytime tourism, a concert we made plans to go to, and a late night drink. I also wanted to make sure I wasn't carrying around a bulky jacket all day, especially in any stores. Y'all know I went shopping! ;) The temps were in the 50s which was actually pretty nice for this time of year up here but also not warm. Yes I know I sound like a crazy lady to all you Texans!


Let's take a look. Sorry if the pictures are blurry. These are from my phone so they're not the highest resolution. Anyways, There's lots going on here:

Hair: topknot to keep it out of my face. Also, my hair can be kind of wild and crazy and just wander around without adult supervision so I wanted a hairstyle that would keep it under control. 
White tank with white longsleeve v-neck: you can't really see that I'm wearing these, but they are there. Mostly for warmth. Ever since I moved to NY, I've learned to layer like a pro!
Chambray button up: These little denim tops are so versatile it's crazy. I'm literally that person who would wear this shirt 3 times a week if I could. 
Fur vest: So fun! So warm! And way cuter than a hoodie and not as bulky as a jacket
Courduroy-ish leggings: These are the MOST comfortable things ever. And they're warm too! 
Black motorcycle boots: flat for comfort and tough enough to offset the soft vest. I wear these things all the time!
Black hobo bag: literally one of the biggest purses I have. Everything but the kitchen sink y'all!

I also threw on a long silver necklace with a locket and a shorter one with a diamond pendant. I really love the look of layering necklaces that are different lengths.


I felt like this was the perfect outfit for the day. The vest kept it interesting so I didn't feel under dressed at the concert or even while shopping. It was warm too, so it actually did have function!! And overall, the outfit was comfy, so I wasn't dying to peel myself out of it in like 2 hours! I totally hate that feeling!

I really feel like each piece of this outfit is super versatile and you could wear them a million other ways. My mom always told me not to buy a clothing item unless you can think of at least 3 different ways to wear it. Pretty good advice if you ask me!


White ribbed tank: Hollister
White ribbed v-neck: Abercrombie & Fitch
Chambray Button up: Forever 21
Fur vest: Nordstrom
Silver necklace with locket: Forever 21
Corduroy Leggings: Hue at Macys
Motorcycle Boots: MIA
Black hobo bag: Aldo

 I hope this outfit gives you some ideas for your next outing! Don't be afraid to try something new! 

Have a fabulous week and show me some of your outfits! 

xo 

Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment