Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Grey

I'm a nail polish junkie. No really. Like I can't physically walk by that Essie end cap at Target without stopping to "oooh" and "aahhh." And lets not even talk about walking into Sally's beauty supply! I know some of y'all know what I'm talking about. I have a friend (God bless her) who is the same way and I love that about her. Most of our text messaging history entails pictures of our latest manicures and new nail polish colors we've bought. It's fabulous. She's fabulous. 

Anyways, I mentioned this in my first post and I'm dying to discuss this with some people who are actually interested (unlike my husband)!  So grey nail polish is totally a thing this season. Again. It's been a thing for a while. Let's take a peek:

OPI touring america collection (fall 2011) - french quarter for your thoughts. Loooove grey nailpolish.


grey nails

At this moment, I'm feeling like I love it. But for Fall only. Personally, I think it's too drab for winter. Although it does look totally cute with that cozy sweater in the picture doesn't it?!  It really feels just right for that transition from sunny pinks and oranges to dark vampy winter colors. I have this grey by OPI called "You Don't know Jacques" and it's really the perfect grey. 

OPI Nail Polish You Don't Know Jacques! 0.5 oz.: http://www.amazon.com/OPI-Nail-Polish-Dont-Jacques/dp/B001E25G0W/?tag=pinteresttuto-20

See I told you. I love that its dark enough not to wash out my skin (these are not my hands in case you were wondering!) but not too dark for fall either. It's a hard color to find so if you see it at a store, snatch it! :) 
Sidenote: That same fab friend of mine told me that her manicurist told her that Essie nail polishes are made to stay longer on natural nails and OPI are made for artificial nails. Not sure how true this is but it's kind of a cool fact anyways!  

So let's chat! How do you feel about grey nail polish? Is it tired (it's been a thing for like the past bajillion fall seasons) or is it totally fabulous (and worthy of classic status like red)? Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from ya! :)

xo

Victoria

2 comments:

  1. totally fabulous! I was wondering though, would it be ok on toes? I think yes if it's not too dark. my favorite shade is definitely the OPI one in the first pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it on toes for sure! As long as it's the right shade!! Especially in the winter so it's your little secret under those boots! :)

    ReplyDelete