Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

Five Things on a Friday

five
These have absolutely nothing to do with anything but they are pastel colored French macaroons therefore a picture containing 5 of them is fabulous.

1. Is it really already Friday again? I feel like Friday was only two days ago. This week has been insane. Just so crazy busy. And I promise I'm going to have an outfit post or five for you soon. I just haven't had enough time to even breathe this past week. Things should be slowing down soon though hopefully. I am so thankful for such a full life with an amazing man. My husband takes good care of me y'all.

2. CHRISTMAS IS ALMOST HERE!!! I'm a fan of Christmas (if you can't tell) and I am literally counting down the days until I can transform our house into the north pole decorate for Christmas. I've got my hot chocolate and Christmas carols ready and waiting. My poor husband isn't going to know what hit him! 

3. Do you ever have periods in your life when you wish you weren't being a deep thinker about everything? I'm totally in a "deep thinking" phase lately where I feel like the Lord is just leading me on this journey and I'm supposed to be taking lots of notes because there's so much information. It's great and I'm pretty excited about it but sometimes, it's tiring. Sometimes I want to have lots less going on in my head. 

4. I am in desperate need of a new mascara. It's really bad. But buying a mascara is a process for me. No seriously, like I can't just walk into Ulta and get the same one every time. I have to read all the advertisements about the new ones, look at packaging, and decide if I really want longer or fuller lashes (rarely are there mascaras that promise both!). And then it's a choice between "blackest black" and "coal black." I've never met a mascara I've bought twice in a row so then I sit there trying to remember which ones I thought were decent. This process usually ends with me walking out with more than one mascara, ecstatic to try them. Hi I'm Victoria Peryer and I'm addicted to mascara.

5. It's getting colder in my neck of the woods, which means I'm going to be transitioning my summer/ spring clothes out of my closet. I've never lived in an area where this is necessary, but let me tell you that in Northern New York, it makes no sense to know what sorts of thin airy shirts you have available to you in mid November. I'm always a little sad for my summer clothes having to go into boxes. Summer is my favorite time of year so I like to try to hold onto it for as long as possible. Even if it means longingly staring at my fab little tanks when it's 20 degrees outside. But sweaters are fun and so are scarves and layering! And I think having them all out in place of my tiny little summer clothes helps me embrace the season! 

Brett and I don't have a whole lot planned this weekend aside from seeing the new Twilight movie (squee!), church, and celebrating a friend's birthday. Woah. That's a busy weekend. What about you? What do you plan on doing this weekend? Will you join me and the masses in seeing the new Twilight movie?

I hope you all have a fun, relaxing next few days. Leave me a comment and tell me about it, I love hearing from ya! 

xo

Victoria

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried "They're Real" by Benefit?! I absolutely LOVE IT! Even thought I have probably 4 different mascaras in my cosmetic bag, I always use that one as my main go-to. Try it, if you haven't already! I hope you LOVE it as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo!! I've heard of it but haven't tried it! I'll have to add it to my list! I love Dior Show Blackout but it's pricey so I don't always get it.

    ReplyDelete